Sunday, February 05, 2006

Non cycling stuff...

Since today is the Super Bowl, I thought it might be good to talk a little football. While I understand football well, I am not into meaningless stats that seems to be all the sports shows and talk radio tell me I should be interested in. Also since I am in Jacksonville, Florida I feel like I have a vested interest in the Super Bowl since it was in Jacksonville last year. And hopefully will be returning in a few years. Who's my pick...I don't much care; I don't have a dog in that hunt.

I found this to be an interesting bit of trivia. The Jacksonville Jaguars are the only team in the NFL to have defeated both teams (this year) playing in the big game today. So...what does that mean for the Jaguars?...absolutely nothing. They didn't get past the first playoff game. However, some in Jacksonville would have you beleive that the Jaguars could beat either again to win the Super Bowl. I tend to think that a blind squirrel will stumble upon an acorn ever so often but not everyday. But I still like'em.

I will say one thing...I'm glad T.O. is out of football. He's bad for that game and bad for sport. RIP...T.O. He had it all and his mouth got the better of him.

I also watched the Florida Gators demolish the Kentucky Wildcats last night in basketball. AWESOME!!!!! Yes I am a Gator fan.

We decided this week that we would go during spring break (March) down to Tampa and catch a few NY Yankees spring training games. Yup...I'm a Yankees fan. At least third generation. Another interesting bit of trivia...A-Rod played on the Jacksonville Suns minor league team in his early days.

Yesterday, as I was on the trainer riding, I flipped back and forth between hockey, golf and tennis. I can't seem to get too excited about any of those sports. Although I will be at all four rounds of the TPC in Jacksonville in March. It's a work thing.

Oh and I'm sure most of you have heard that Lance Armstrong and Cheryl Crow have decided not to get married. Hmmmm....Seven Tour de France wins...he's already married...to the bike. Hopefully the cycling world will not analyze the heck out of why and just drop it. Doubtful.... We'll have to endure all that speculation for a few months now.

Time to go for a bike ride and clean the toilets before all the guests start arriving for the game.

steelrider2

No comments: