Monday, February 13, 2006

Random stuff....

Tyler Hamilton lost his appeal and is now serving his 2-year ban from cycling. I can't say I'm surprised at the CAS decision. I haven't read all the articles yet but it seems the evidence against him was overwhelming. No matter, it's a sad day.

I just can't seem to find a reason to worked up over the winter Olympics. Since I don't like the cold weather, I guess I would have to say I don't like the cold weather sports. However, I'm sure the hype will force me to watch some of it on TV. Maybe some alpine ski jumping...

Of course, I will be totally away from the TV tomorrow as my wife and I go out for a nice Valentines dinner. Which reminds me...I need to go get her a card. I think a good business idea for guys to sign up for a service where you give them all the important dates in your life and they send a card along with the apprpriate gift a few days before the event. That way I will never forget it again. Sounds like a golden idea to me....

The Tour of California starts next weekend, with nightly coverage on ESPN 2. I am really looking forward to that. I am still somwhat mystified with the title sponsor being Amgen.

Its been cold, well cold for us, here in Florida. I hope this front moves away and soon.

steelrider2

No comments: