Saturday, December 12, 2009

Rebuilding my wife's commuter bike

Specialized makes a great bike and this bike should build up nicely as a commuter.

I didn't do a very good job of journaling my bike, so I'm going to try to do a better jog with this one.

Other than the lock and bottle cage, this was the way I bought this bike. Bought it about two years ago for $40.00 off of Craigslist.org. I finished my bike back in the spring and my wife liked it so much I am working on hers.
I will work on it in stages. First stage is to replace the seat and bar grips. Replacing the seat with a Specialized Women's BG Sport and the grips with Specialized BG Ergo Grips. The cost is $40 for the seat and $25.00 for the grips. I bought the lock for $5.00 of ebay and the cage cost $5.00. To date, I have spent (including the bike) $115.00.
I don't have a budget but will not spend more than I think the completed bike would sell for.

To be continued....

No comments: