Friday, October 21, 2005

Deja Vu all over again...

Seems pretty simple...watch hurricane tracking chart for a week...prepare to evecuate...throw everything that's uninsurable into the car...drive like heck. We Floridians should have the routine down, you'd think...it never gets any easier. But it's the price you pay to live in paradise. This week was absolute beautiful. But it was the calm before the storm.

I am reminded of the devestation of Katrina, Ivan, Charlie and Rita. I have been helping a family that moved to Jacksonville from New Orleans as a result of them loosing everything they owned. Could life get any harder? I sure don't think so. Now I am reminded of the floods a few years ago in the Mid-West. I am reminded of the earthquake earlier this year and several years ago out West. That's just in this country. The world has experienced it share of tradegy as well.

I think I'll go back to sleep...the nightmares are better than real life.

No comments: