Sunday, October 09, 2005

New ride...

Below is my new fixed gear bike. I looked long and hard to come up with exactly the right combination of frame, components and cost. Cost being a major factor. There's no doubt that I would liked to have had a Masi, but they didn't produce it for the fall. Maybe in the spring. Since I want to ride immediately, I decided on the Langster. The price was definitely right.

So far, I've ridden it a total of 30 minutes. Rainy in Florida and busy at work. Better info forthcoming. I did put a 17t fixed cog opposite the freewheel. I like it alot. Training starts in a week or so.

3 comments:

Tim Jackson said...

Let the good times roll!

1) Welcome back.
2) We'll have a fixie for you to ride in the near future. Working on smaller details and then the bike will become reality.

Enjoy the ride... even if it isn't one of mine.

Anonymous said...

I have discovery your blog and I was very happy to know that you will continue to write. By the way, I am from Portugal, the country of José Azevedo (Discorevy Channel).

Pete LaVerghetta said...

Nice bike. Enjoy the fixed gear experience and welcome to the club. Secret handshake is in the mail.