Wednesday, June 22, 2005

And the winner is....

We’re just about caught up. I had been thinking for sometime that my wife really needed a new bike. So I began my search. I went into this without any preconceived ideas on what to buy. I wanted the best bike, with the right component mix and at the right price. I looked at Cannondale, Trek, Giant, Lemond, Specialized, Litespeed and Felt. I liked certain things about each. But during a recent trip to Nashville's Gran Fondo Bicycles, I found exactly what I was looking for. So, for Christmas 2004, I purchased my wife a Masi Gran Corsa and a Masi Speciale Carbon for myself. We sold the red bike, now she has a “white” bike. But I think she understands that the Masi is a great bike with a ton of history. As for me, I am quite enamored with my Speciale Carbon. Cycling has become even more fun now. My wife and I ride together more. I believe the Masi brand has exceptional quality, great looks and easily has received most favored status.

I still read and dote over ever picture in the bike catalogs. My 2004 Masi catalog is dog eared. Thankfully I am on the mailing list for about five or six catalog companies. Those once a month catalogs feed my bike obsession when not out riding.

I consider my Masi Speciale Carbon as my primary bike, although I still train on the QR. It’s an awesome shiny, high gloss, black Dedacciai steel/carbon frame. I never thought I’d ride another steel bike. Hence the blog name.

I have also developed a wish list for other bikes.

1. Masi fixed gear bike( available in 2006, hopefully)
2. Masi classic steel made using handcrafted lugs.
3. Masi TT/Triathlon (sometime in the future)
4. Masi 3VS scandium racing frame…it would be a build project.

As any one who’s married knows, being allowed to purchase four more bikes would take some fancy talking. That’s why we have wish lists.

3 comments:

Tim Jackson said...

If we had more dedicated consumers with your passion for the brand, we'd be the number one brand of road bike in the country!

Tim Jackson
Brand Manager
Masi Bicycles

The Donut Guy said...

I don't own any Masi bikes *but* I do own 6 bikes.


My wife is pretty cool :-)

steelrider2 said...

george,

my wife doesn't understand why I would want more than one bike, much less, allow me to buy.