Monday, June 20, 2005

Plugging a great product...

Some of you probably have a cycling coach. Others just get out there and ride like heck. I’ve tried both, but have come up with what now works great for me. I have this really cool computer based training program that interfaces with my heart rate monitor that functions as my coach. It’s called PC Coach. Perhaps some of you have heard of it.

I use a Polar 720i HRM and PC Coach Cycling. The author of the program was the late Dr. Ed Burke. It is an incredible program. Dr. Burke was an incredible coach. His memory lives on in this wonderful program and the books he authored. Along with the hrm I use the speed and cadence sensors. It is amazing what kind of data you can retrieve from your rides. Let's see..I'm a blog geek, bike geek and now a data geek. If I could just find a stylish pocket protector...but I digress.


PC Coach allows you to set up your current fitness level, determine the intensity you want and then program a race or race season. The feedback PC Coach provides is phenomenal. The sales person/technical advisor, Rebecca, is great. No question is too dumb. Or so she tells me. Not only does PC Coach sell the program, they can also advise you on which HRM might be best for you.

I highly recommend PC Coach and a companion Polar HRM.

No comments: