Tuesday, June 28, 2005

TdF thoughts...

Am I excited about the TdF? Yes, but in different ways than in years past. What excites me this year is to see if any of the Americans, besides LA, continue having a great year. I'm interested to see what stupid Basque antics will be televised. Sure would like to see Bobby J. and/or Levi L. on the podium. Will be interesting to see if Floyd L. has the supporting cast to make it to the top 5...probably not. I think it will be very interesting to see how Chris H. performs...what a year!!

It's evident that Americans are becoming the worlds premier cyclists in the US and Europe.

Does LA or the thought of his winning #7 excite me? Quite honestly....no. If he does, ok...if he doesn't, ok..... I will be interested in how OLN relates to cycling going forward. I'm afraid that the many boneheads who have such negative comments will cause OLN to reconsider it's commitment to cycling.

You boneheads know who you are....commenting as though you were professional media executives on the announcers. I don't care if Al Trautwig doesn't have a clue. OLN is showing cycling and the sport is being advanced. I don't care if Bob Roll says Tour DAY France. He has his own personal reasons, but OLN is showing cycling and the sport is being advanced. I don't care if Kirsten Gum has a crush on Tyler H. or whatever else she is or isn't doing. OLN is showing cycling and the sport is being advanced. Don't you guys get it??? OLN is showing cycling and the sport is being advanced. Announcers will come and go. What's important is that OLN knows they have a supportive audience, that the advertisers get some bang for their bucks and that cycling continues to be televised and the sport grows.

Your comments on my thoughts are welcomed and appreciated. Your original thoughts are also appreciated.

steelrider2

1 comment:

Tim Jackson said...

Go get'em!

It is so true that many in the sport/ industry/ "know" complain about the amount of coverage cycling receives in the mainstream, only to complain about the type of coverage it gets... when it finally gets some. Stupidity comes in many different flavors and colors.

Let's just hope it proves to be as exciting to watch as the Giro was. If so, we'll have a great three weeks.

For the record, my favorite rider this year will be Horner. He's from here. We rode together and worked for the same bike shop. Great, great guy and I am going to be keeping my fingers crossed that he gets a stage.

Tim Jackson
Brand Manager
Masi Bicycles