Monday, August 22, 2005

Masi Speciale Carbon

Below is a picture of my road bike. Masi has won my attention. This is a great bike for many reasons. It hits the corners with precision, yet is light enough to keep up with most sprints. There are better climbing bikes but all in all a very trusty stead.

One thing I particularly like is that in a large group of riders, I generally have the only Masi SC. So, lots of people ask me about the bike. We do not have a dealer in Jacksonville that carries Masi, but hopefully some day.

This weekend I rode a 50 mile charity training ride with about 200 people. It was a chance to ride with my good friends Jim & Diane and Tony & Shirley. It was different riding with mostly inexperinced riders. Lots of jack rabbits (speed up then slow down). But I can overlook those things.

Most people drove to the site. I decided to ride so I actually got in about 65 miles. It was fairly close to my house. It was not the best route, either. The people responsible for the route layout sent us through a dangerous construction zone. One rider was hit and was being transported to the hospital when I came by. It also reminded me how inconsiderate and impatient some drivers can be. The rumor was that the car who hit the rider decided to leave the scene. Another rider caught him at a stop light and informed him there were several witnesses and they had his tag number. Only at that point, he turned around. I hope the police charge him for leaving the scene.

Riding with that many people, we were bound to split into many sub groups. I hung with my friends and we maintained an easy 19 mph pace. The five of us, normally six, (thanks to my wife who played soccer Mom while I got to ride) kept our pace line going almost the entire way.

more later
steelrider2

No comments: