Monday, January 23, 2006

January and 80 degrees....

While we're not setting records, we are only a few degrees away from all time record highs for January. I'll bet we pay it in February and March. Really, the weather has been great. The humidity is low and the temps moderate. I think it was 79-80 degrees today. Last weekend was good too! Its great bike time and I'm making the most of it. I think I was on the bike a total of 11 hours last week plus a 40 hour work week and a little time thrown in for the family and sleep too.

Tonight's fixed gear ride was good as well. We hit some rain pockets but were not detered. I even took my turn on the front tonight. (I'm the slowest in the group, so thats a big deal for me.) Ride stats drawn from the bike computer are: 23.45 miles, max speed 24.7, avg speed 18.2 (we had to stop for a train), avg heart rate 138 and finally 1,050 calories burned.

I can tell I'm getting stronger and that my pedalling has improved. I'm sure I have a long way to go but I'm getting better a day at the time. Not to mention, I've lost over 15 lbs since mid December. My hope is that by April 1 I will weigh a svelt 155. Someone kick me where it hurts if I let myself loose control again. It is very easy to gain the weight but hard as heck to loose it.

Work has finally improved a bit as well. Lots of positive things happening. Well its time to catch some zzz's (that's so 60's sounding)

steelrider2

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a regular reader of your blog. I live in Lisbon, Portugal. Here are 50 degrees of temperature. You are a luck guy! By the way, this Sunday, i have done 50 miles.

Sérgio Cardoso

steelrider2 said...

Sergio,

Thank you very much for being a regular reader. I apologize for not being a regular writer. I will try to improve that.

We have had a mild winter here in Florida. I'm afraid it won't last, though.

Keep up that mileage. I appreciate your comments. Come back often and feel free to make more comments.

Steelrider2

steelrider2 said...

Sergio,

I almost forgot. My heritage is Portugese; about 8 generations ago.

steelrider2

Anonymous said...

There is no doubt that it is a small planet. ;)