Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Monday night fixed gear ride

The Monday night fixed gear ride was awesome again. This week it was Ron, Tim, Scott and myself. Our route is roughly 20 miles. We averaged about 18 mph. It includes several good straight aways where we can get cadence up to 110. Then we have a short climb over a bridge, just to help the legs know they been for a ride. Here's a pic of Ron (right) and Tim (left). Both guys are really strong riders. This is definitely the way to build strength and develop pedalling skill. Now I see that my photo skills need some improvement.



steelrider2

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good average. This Saturday i have done again 50 miles, my average was 15 mph, but there was a climb with 7 miles always climbing.
See in the photo with t-shirts, make me desire to go back again to Florida. This Saturday was 39ºF and on Sunday it snows in Lisbon (first time in 52 years).
This Saturday there are a challenger in my gym. It will be 5 hours of cycling indoor.
Thanks for sharing yours comments about cycling.