Monday, January 09, 2006

Truly a great ride

Tonight was one of those awesome, write it down in a journal so I can remember it kinda rides. I rode my first night ride with three other fixes. Awesome, awesome awesome...the pace was quick (23-24) for 25 miles. My non riding friends call me an idiot...yet I consider that a compliment in that regard. It was cold and windy with one contact not pleased to be in my eye. Still, it was epic for me. I have been dying to get out there...last week it was raining sideways so we bagged it...by tonight I was ready to ride in ten feet of crap, if necessary. Scott, Dan and Tim (all Velobrew teammates) were really great as well. I'm a rookie but learning fast...one must learn fast riding a fixed gear. Although I've been in the trainer a good bit and out during the day, this was my first real night ride. I am so pumped.

I am riding a Specialized Langster...this thing is a bulldozier. But I love it. It really helps that the other guys are just as stoked as I am. I will not be on my road bike until the end of March. Hopefully my pedalling will improve dramatically. Hopefully I'll have all my base training in and my legs will be stronger. I know I sound like a broken record...but this was great. Whos cares about the state of cycling and all the petty junk when you're riding a fixie.

steelrider2

No comments: