Saturday, January 28, 2006

thanks to all the regular readers...

A recent post got me thinking more about my blog and those that have been steady readers. I went to the stats page and found out about where you're coming from and what brings you to this blog. First off, let me say thank you for reading. I'm sorry I haven't been a regular contributor recently but will try to get better and find some interesting things to write about.

Several hits have come as a result of the my writing about my new fixed gear bike. So I thought I'd add a few more pics of the Langster. I'm riding the Langster almost exclusively until April 1st. I like the fixed gear. Loads of fun. I am riding with a fixed group ride every Monday night. These guys are strong riders. I'm hoping I develop into a stronger rider by late spring. Night riding is also new to me. Still lots of fun. From a set up point, I've changed nothing but added pedals. But I have added a few accessories. I have add a Specialized cycling computer with cadence, a blinkie and a Light& Motion head light. The Light & Motion products are awesome. I do plan to make a few changes like add some bar phat to the handlebars and change the tires to Armadillo Elite tires. As you can see here, the bikes sleep in the house. I get some noise about it occasionally, but never listen.





















































Others have found my blog as a result of me extolling the virtues of the Masi Bicycles. Let me say, these are absolutely great bikes!! I really enjoy riding my Speciale Carbon (steel/carbon frame). I'm hooked for life. (I do hope they have a fixed gear ride in the mix next year.) I encourage everyone to consider a Masi if you're in the market for a new bike. The biggest change I made to this bike was to upgrade from a compact crank to a FSA Team Issue 50/39 crank. I also upgraded the saddle to a San Marco Rever and upgraded the stem when I shortened it.














Still others have come as a result of the posts I done on the Team Inferno/A&F Cycling Team. From all I've read its a great team with a bunch of regular guys. They get to ride a some awesome bikes. I hope they do very well this season. Having seen a few pics of their new kits, if they ride as good as they look and as good as their bikes look, watch out!!!!!

Others have come as a result of my rants about bad drivers and bad cyclists. I really don't like bad drivers who don't care about cyclists using the roads. But what really steams me is cyclists who blatantly disrespect the rules of the road and give those of us who give a crap a bad name. I will save that rant for another day.

But to all my peops...thank you for reading. Please make sure you give me your opinions anytime.

steelrider2

2 comments:

Tim Jackson said...

Masi bicycles really are the best. I'm not biased at all either...

We will have a beautiful fixed gear bike. It will be the purdiest of them all when it comes out late '06 or early '07. The tri/tt bike will e amazing too... as will the cross bike... and all the others.

A&F/ Inferno is going to make a lot of noise. Well, I'm handling a lot of their PR, so you can only imgaine how bad it's gonna get.

Glad to see you writing again. I hope that the balance of life remains good.

steelrider2 said...

Tim, thanks for being a regular reader. You are great; if I had what is on your plate I'd go crazy. You do it very well. Thanks for making great bikes so I can have something positive to rant about.